Tuesday, 10 September 2013

One Sewlution attained!

You may remember that once upon a time, Karen put out a call for Sewing Resolutions (Sewlutions) to go in her jar, and I rashly suggested three projects that I've been delaying completing and that should, therefore, be completed by the end of the year.


didyoumakethat

Since then, I've made pyjamas, and tops, and project bags, and knit jumpers, and even (on the quiet, I'm sorry)... and there's been nary a peep of a curtain, or a coat, or a quilt. No progress at all since this was made two years ago (at least)



Which should be a surprise, or a lesson, or something, but is simply a sign of my disordered crafting and inability to finish sewing projects!


Until I finally decided that a certain Bank Holiday was the time to move furniture and create enough floor space to pin my quilt sandwich. Two hours, and all 120 curved safety pins I possess later, I had a sandwich roll... which sounds like it should be cake-based. No pictures of this stage, unfortunately, but here's the 'action' shot of quilting-in-progress.



Yes, the nights are drawing in, and yes, one of the lessons I learned (again) on this project is that when a very large piece of fabric is involved, my workspace is somewhat limited, and that affects how cleanly it passes through the machine. I still need to learn not to rush the quilting stage just because I don't enjoy it as much, so there are plenty of 'design features' in this quilting but it is, finally, done. And just in time for the colder nights to have me reaching for it!