Walking, henning, and playing with fabric

It's been an  eventful spring here at Ruthcrafts HQ - the Bizart fair was lots of fun, and I very much enjoyed catching up with Mrs McIndoe and Tickled Pink's Ann, and getting to know Claire of Lily Mays and Jodie Edwards a little better! Fondant Fancies provided most excellent cake - I must make time to spend some Sunday afternoon tea-times with them soon.


Since then, I've been to two fantastic hen dos - very different, but both very fun! In preparation for the first, I and some old friends simply had to make a trip to the Malvern Quilt Show at the Three Counties showground. In fact, they made quite a trip, but its on my doorstep, so I had the added benefit of a beautiful walk in the early summer sunshine. Sadly, I failed to take any pictures on this occasion, but I have got a couple of shots from an earlier visit, when the weather was distinctly spring-like.


Then, I was heading in to the Creative Crafts show, which was full of a fascinating range of crafters of all kinds. This time, it was purely fabric indulgence, with a beautiful exhibition to round out the shopping experience.


The fabric purchased travelled home, and that very weekend, we spent a fabulous afternoon cutting and pinning and stitching and sipping and chatting, and the result was sixty beautiful metres of bunting to adorn the hen's reception venue in a very few weeks' time!

All that patchwork could hardly help but get me thinking, so this past week, I've been playing with my felt tips and stash, and I've come up with a (less-than-perfect - please don't look too closely!) little something to become a cushion sometime soon.

Comments

Popular Posts