A Spring-like break


After my first 'proper' holiday in a very long time, I'm back and feeling rested and busy and full of inspiration. We've been to France (to avoid / celebrate a certain significant birthday: I seem to fall between Just Me and Odd Socks and Pretty Frocks in terms of how I'm feeling about this one, for all that it seems that I'm a few weeks older than either!), visiting Paris and Tours, catching up with good friends, and catching glimpses of a sunnier time. This was Saturday lunch-time in the Jardins du Luxembourg (where Marius and Cosette first meet), and the first properly warm day brought families, couples, old friends and me to the park. There were novel-readers, newspaper-readers, baguette-eaters, chess-players, and a knitter:



This knit may be full of spring green and leafy promise, but I'm afraid a glimpse is all you're getting: it's a secret knit for the moment.


And while I'm sharing glimpses - here're some catkins bringing a little hope and spring lightness to a beech grove in the gardens at Versailles. The very next week these same gardens were covered in snow, so I'm very very glad we saw them when we did!

Comments

That sounds like a most delightful spell away - you've made me long to go to Paris. I can't wait to see your secret project!

Popular Posts