On the Twelfth Day of Christmas

I bring to you, not twelve lords a-leaping, or even the three kings, but a slice of Pi. Circular Pi, that is.



In July 2011, as part of my Zimmermann challenge, I knit 'My July Pi'. I honestly didn't think that a circular shawl would be all that much use - while I was knitting it, it was compared regularly to a showercap, and a doily, and my usually stalwart knitting group were heard to ask how it would work.



Since it's been finished, though, I've found myself reaching for it again and again. With one edge folded over, or a full-half, and the addition of a simple brooch, it becomes a warm and snuggly wrap beneath my coat, or an elegant top-layer over a dress or blouse in the air-conditioned office.

I've spent a couple of years with it now, and it's in definite need of a re-block, but I've been asked for the pattern enough times that I thought it might make a special Pi for the FĂȘte des Rois.


So, here you go: my take on EZ's amazing mathematical creativity,for you to share and enjoy, as my Christmas gift to you.

Comments

Popular Posts