Nearly there

My goals this month might be about writing and moving, but today has been... rather static! I'm about to start a voluntary project on work time (more on that in a week or two) and it's involved a few extra hours in front of a screen to get trained and set up.

Add to that a rather pressing deadline, and I've mostly been quilting! It's not very exciting, but the quilting is complete, and the binding is - nearly - on. Where patchwork intrigues my puzzle-solving brain, and quilting is a feat of determination, patience, and podcasts, binding is a gentle, warm (you're under the quilt) and soothing time to reflect. As long as the deadline isn't too close, you can put on a box set and go. And fill the project that's been long in the planning though speedy in the execution with just a little hand-stitched love.

Having previously bound full-size quilts, I'm still surprised by how quickly a 1.2m square goes... (about 4, maybe 5 hours?), so by the end of tonight, my lions should be ready to have the cotton threads trimmed, and be bundled into a parcel to be posted. In another year, there's no way I wouldn't be travelling with it. But this year is not another year, and so this rather special parcel will make the journey alone, and meet someone before I can be there to hold them. But I will be, before too long, and I believe it will keep people safer.

Comments

Popular Posts