Real life isn't always Insta-worthy

I very nearly decided that tonight was too cold and too dark for a blog post when I don't feel that I have much to say, and then I thought again about how often we're determined to show the positive 'Insta-ready' parts of our lives, and only those on social media, and how much time I spend reminding myself that I'm comparing my every day to everyone else's best bits, and thought I could at least show up, and show that sometimes there isn't a lot going on. 

Almost full moon behind frosty fog and cloud

Today I have worked, ordered some things on-line, picked up Pumpkin from nursery, thrown together a not-very-exciting dinner, and attended a last virtual choir rehearsal before (thankfully) we can return to distant in-person rehearsals next week. I've been cold for most of the day, despite a woolly jumper, and I'm a bit gloomy because I'm tired.

I'm tired because my 20 month old is not sleeping through at the moment, and so every night this week I've been up for an hour or more at some point between when I force myself to go to bed (not early enough), and when I drag myself out of it to start work.

None of this is a problem, and I'm not looking for sympathy or solutions. It is what it is (probably a growth spurt, or related to his language development, which seems to have taken another little step up), and it will pass. I have plenty of lovely plans for the weekend, a very large mug of hot drink downstairs, and one morning this week when I didn't have time to eat my breakfast before work, I managed to make myself this tray instead.

A rather impressive breakfast tray: cafetiere, milk jug, bowl of muesli, bagel and orange juice.

So there you have it - a tired end to the week, so I'm looking forward to the weekend, with more crafting, some running around with a toddler, some wrapping and a possible trip to the post office... have a good one, folks!


Comments

Popular Posts