:: 8-12 :: Lots of Christmas Crafting


Erm... so I disappeared again. Sorry! Christmas crafting is a large part of my Advent every year, and this year was no exception.

Of course, I can't show you anything much that I made this year, because it's all under other people's trees, wrapped and gift-tagged and waiting for the big day.

So here're some things made in years past - my own little Mousey [8], made from Ysolda's pattern in Whimsical Little Knits. This is a fantastic pattern, and was a joyful toy to make, since there's very little finishing involved!

The little bunny rabbit [9;11] was made and dressed for a friend (from the purl bee), his clothing made from scraps left over from prototype for the 30-odd jackets I made for the European Union Baroque Orchestra (EUBO photos). I'm so proud the jackets are still being worn and looking good. Don't know about the bunny - he did send me an email a while ago, but I should probably check whether he's in need of new wardrobe items...

The beret is a Selbu Modern [10] - my first stab at colourwork two years ago for my sister's Christmas present. This was the moment at which I realised (1) that stranded colourwork isn't too scary, but that (2) my tension in that colourwork is *insanely* tight.

[12] Dates from last Christmas, I think, and shows the tea cosy and napkins made for my parents, basically out of my head. The only problem with making things out of my head, I've found, is that I tend to err on the side of caution when guestimating sizes. Teapots don't grow much. Hey ho!

Comments

Popular Posts